Friday 25 July 2014

Don’t be despair of Allah’s mercy

Allah is most merciful and most powerful. He can do what He wants. We humans loss the hope very soon which should not be like this. We should have strong believed on the mercy of Allah. Here the question is why we have lost the hope?

 Why we despair from the mercy of Allah?
The basic reason of despairing is we have gone out of the way. We are not trying to follow that track which Allah has told us. We have much fear in our hearts about the punishment. This fear is so much excessive that we don’t have any hope. We feel that we have done so many sins and now these sins are not pardonable. We forget that how much he is merciful. When a Muslim creates a lot of fictions about his sins he despairs from the mercy of Allah. A person who feels that the sin is much bigger and feels the guilty need to become aware about the greatness of Allah. When a person doesn’t feel the mercy of Allah he despairs.   

What happens when a person despairs from the mercy of Allah?

In Islam despair is a “KUFR”. When a person despairs from the mercy of Allah he can’t do anything. Whenever he does any work he loses the hope in advance. Allah always gives man according to his thinking and hopes. So the person who does not have any hope can’t do anything positively. 

In the light of Quran and Sunnah:-

 Allah has written in a book that “'My Mercy overpowers My Anger”.  This book is with Allah on His throne.

In Quran it is said that:-


· “Say, ‘O My slaves who have committed excesses against their own souls, despair not of Allah’s mercy. Verily, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, He is the All-forgiving, the All-kind.”


In Quran many names are given to Allah which show Him most merciful. Some of these names are Al-Ghafoor, Al Afuw, Al tawab,Al haleem, Al-rehman, Al-raheem,
  Abu Sa'id (radiyallahu anhu) reported a narration in which he said that the Prophet (sallallahu alaiyhi wa sallam) said:
 "Truly the devil said, 'By my honor, O Lord, I shall never stop misguiding Your servants so long as life remains in their bodies.' The Almighty replied, 'By My Honor, I shall never stop forgiving them so long as they ask forgiveness from me.”

 Shiekh Shibli told an incident that:-

  “Once we were traveling in a caravan of travelers and were set upon by a gang of thieves and they surrounded the caravan and threatened us. All were Muslim men. They took our belongings and dragged us along to their hideout. They took us to their leader. The leader was in the hideout with the rest, so when they came to their leader, the thieves made a display of all the spoils of war and a display of everything they had gained in the raid and a lot of the things they had were dried foods, since travelers take dried foods on journeys, so the thieves were presenting these dried foods to their leader. The leader said, 'No, no, I'm fasting.' I couldn't contain myself, so I said, 'Subhannallah! You raid, you loot, you steal, you are the leader of a gang of thieves and you say you are fasting?' The leader replied (to me), 'Listen, I always try and keep something in which I could have the hope and mercy and forgiveness of Allah. I do not cut myself off totally from Allah azzowajal and I know how evil I am and despite my evil and despite my sins, I always try to hold on to something and for me, it is the fast. Sheikh Shibli continues, "Later, we reached the holy land of Makkah and I saw a person doing tawaaf around the Ka'bah and he had become extremely thin and frail because of excessive worship and ibaadah. And he was doing the dhikr of Allah and he was doing tawaaf around the Ka'bah with much fervor and with great feeling and devotion. When I looked at him closely, it was the same leader of the gang of thieves, so I went up to him to inquire and he said, 'Exactly as I told you, I always hold on to something in which I could have the hope in the mercy of Allah and through these fasts, Allah azzowajal gave me the towfique to repent and change.'"  ”

SubhanAllah. It is the hope. It is a strong belief. Allah is Rehman and Raheem. A person who did 100 murders was pardoned by Allah Almighty. Allah likes and loves that man who turns toward Him.

If we have committed as much sins as the drops of the sea are even then no need to worry. Allah’s mercy is there. If the one drop of mercy will b mixed in that sea of sins your whole sins can be remove. Imagine if one drop of mercy has so much strength then what will be if He shows all his mercy on one person.    
 So don’t be despair from the mercy of Allah and have hope for the best. You will definitely get that for what you are hoping.
Reference:  http://islamicencyclopedia.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment